February 3, 2011 § 7 Comments
I thought it might be interesting to post ten songs that are in my life at the moment. Some songs have been favourites for a long time, and some songs have just helped me feel more positive while I’ve been ill recently. Each song is linked to YouTube, so get clicking. Here they are!
- Heart of Life – John Mayer : to remind me that life itself is worth living for.
- Bulletproof – La Roux : to dance around alone in the house to.
- Oh Dear – Brandi Carlile : to appreciate a beautiful tune.
- Love – God’s Property from Kirk Franklins Nu Nation : a reminder that no one could love me more than Him.
- Bring Night – Sia : to dance around the house with my husband to.
- City Bus Love Song – NewWorldSon : to remind myself to push my face up to the light and breathe happy.
- La Valse D’Amelie – Yann Teiersen : to feel beautiful.
- Sixteen Tons – Tennessee Ernie Ford : because I can’t get it out of my head, I don’t want to get it out of my head, and as a commenter said , it is an eargasm of cool.
- Skinny Love – Bon Iver : because one song sung with conviction is better than a million without.
- We Care A Lot – Faith No More : to remind me it’s okay to let loose (especially in denim, mixed patterns and flouros).
So, that doesn’t even make a dent in all the music I love, but it’s nice to check out what other people like and are listening to; I know I enjoy hearing about other people’s taste in music, so feel free to reply with some of your favourite songs. I’m off to a dance party in my lounge room now, cheerio!